This is a Guest Post by Alicia who is a specialist in financial blogging from Manchester
The grocery bill is one of the necessary and expensive costs that a family is confronted by. The overwhelming job by most families is finding ways to reduce and cut back their grocery bill. Many people start following various tips and finally end up paying lots of amount on their bill without any change. The following 6 ways help in saving your money on groceries.
- Shop with a grocery list
Before shopping, make a detailed list that covers the products which you want to buy, if you want to save on grocery bill, then create a grocery list and carry it along with you. The following are a few tips that help you to make a grocery list and save your money:
- Categorize your grocery list into 2 types – one for needs and other for wants
- Carry only adequate amount with you
- Avoid credit cards pay only with cash
- Create a grocery budget and stick to it
- While shopping carry calculator along with you
Calculator is quite useful for comparing price levels with different items and access the overall cost when you buy any product on discount sale.
- Get the recent advertised sale information
Many stores often change their discount or price boards very often. Before you think of buying any product on discounts, get detailed information on price rates and discounts from store person.
- Collect discounts and offers from different stores
To attract more customers and to sustain businesses many grocery stores put discounts or offers. These stores also offer attractive discounts on multiple product buys on their store. If the items you need covers under their discounts they offer try utilizing them.
- Take advantage of coupons
These days online coupons are a great way to cut your grocery bill shopping and help in saving a lot of your money. To attract a range of customers, stores are not just offering discounts on groceries; Even these clip coupons can be found on entertainment, clothing, personal care and so on. Redeeming these coupons can add up to your savings. The following tips help you to save money with coupons:
- Review newspapers and online sites to check clip coupons
- Collect all these coupons even if you may not buy them regularly and sort them in expiration order
- Some coupons are found only in specific magazines and some on websites
- If you have the facility to use auction sites to buy your coupon use it
- Read terms and conditions before you redeem your clip coupons
- Visit your local retailer
Consider visiting your local retailer and check for the prices and discounts offered by them. Don’t forget good old-fashioned price-haggling to get competitive prices.
- 5 tips at the grocery store that will save you an extra $100 a month (savings.com)
- How To Save Money At The Grocery (fldebtconsolidation.com)
- Grocery Shopping on a Budget: How to Maximize Your Savings (bradsdeals.com)